Monday, February 1, 2010

Smartipants











So, about a month ago, I began my switch to cloth diapers. I've become obsessed! haha. I know, I know, I'm wierd!!! I am not at all a "go green" type of person. Maybe I should be, but I'm not. Originally, I just thought the cloth diapers would be cute. And they ARE so cute. But, I am also saving money! I am buying a few cloth diapers every few weeks, and buying less disposables. Eventually, I'll have all cloth, and no disposables. 3 cloth diapers is $39.95. They are one size fits all, so I'll never have to buy diapers again!!! And Colton and Connor both wear the same ones! I change Connor's diaper probably 5-6 times a day. So, I'm thinking that once I have 9-12 cloth diapers, I'll be good to go. They are super easy too! They have a little insert, that is the absorbant part. You put the insert into the diaper, and then when you change the baby's diaper, you just throw the entire diaper into the washing machine, and the insert comes out by itself! When the baby goes #2 (for those of you who are interested), you can buy a sprayer thing to spray the diaper before putting it in the washing machine. I've heard that its easier to potty train a child who has used cloth diapers too. I've also heard that disposables have tons of chemicals in them, which is what causes diaper rashes, and since disposables are more absorbant, you tend to change them less often, which also causes diaper rashes. Yesterday, I was changing Connor's diaper, and all of the cloth diapers were in the wash, so I started to put a disposable on him, and he started crying! I'm pretty sure he LOVES the cloth as much as I do!!

Oh and one more thing I love about them is that they are not velcro or "pins". They have snaps, which makes them super easy!


3 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I had no idea when I was holding him the other day that he was so Earth Friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna have another baby just so I can try these things. It would have saved so much money!! Do you do a prewash cycle before!? I think I would feel weird having urine filled daipers tainting the clean soapy water!?

    ReplyDelete