Friday, February 26, 2010

The sleep lady

So our computer broke, so I am blogging from my iPhone.
Ok, so my friend, Natalie, let me borrow a sleep book called the sleep lady. I used her "shuffle" about a month ago, and all was going well, but in the middle of the process Connor got sick, then went on a nursing strike, then was cutting molars. I'm pretty sure he is all better now and all of his molars cut through, so I am going to start the sleep lady shuffle tonight. Here is the plan: when he wakes up I will go in his room, lay him back down, tell him that it's time to go night night, and then I will sit by his crib in a chair. I will shhh him and pat him a little. You aren't supposed to pick him up, but you are reassuring them that it's ok to go back to sleep. I'll blog tomorrow with how the night went! The book says to move your chair further away every few days until you aren't in the room anymore. Last time I did this, we had gotten to the point where I just shhhed him from the hallway. I'm thinking the process will go quicker this time since we've done it before!! Wish me luck!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hope it goes well...let me know and I may need to buy the book and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes well! My mom got me this book when I was out of my mind tired with Grant and we did a variation of it for both kids! I did the parts I was comfortable with and not the ones I wasn't. I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete