Monday, June 14, 2010

Sleep regression

So, in the past two weeks, Connor has had teeth coming through, and then he had the same crazy virus that Colton had, and then he had a bunch of sores in his mouth and throat. So, needless to say, he started waking up a lot at night, in pain, and nursing was the only thing that would comfort him. Now that he is over all of that, he is still waking up, now that he got in the habit of it again. So, last night, I decided to try the sleep lady shuffle again. Instead of starting out with the chair by his crib, I started with it by the doorway. He woke up at 1:00 AM, and I came in, gave him his bear-bear lovey, and sat down in the chair. He knew instantly what was going on. He cried for a minute, and then he laid down. As long as I sat in that chair, he would lay down. Every time I tried to leave, he would stand up and cry. It took 3 tries of me leaving before he stayed laying down. So, all in all, it was an hour process last night. He was awake from 1:00-2:00, but hardly cried. He just wanted to make sure I'd be there if he needed me. He didn't wake up again until 5:00 AM with the storm. He went right back to sleep until 6:30, and was up for good. I think he has gotten the message that nursing isn't an option in the middle of the night, but that I'm there if he needs me.

Of course, this week, he is getting shots, and then in a few weeks we are going on vacation. Theres always something to mess up sleep routines.

Hope tonight is good!!

2 comments:

  1. Still, look at how far you have come!!! I hate those sleep busters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so disappointed that the storm came at 5 am and woke Haylie up too. Couldn't it have given me a few extra hours?! :)

    ReplyDelete