Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baby Communication

So today in the car, Colton asked me to hand him a toy that was sitting on the seat, so when I got to a stop sign, I reached back, and handed him the toy. Almost instantly, Connor started crying. Not, just crying, but wailing. I assumed it was because he wanted that toy also. But, he continued to cry and cry and usually he doesn't do that. I knew that something was wrong, but I didn't know what. So, I talked to Connor, sang to him, reached back and rubbed his head, and kept asking him what was wrong. Well, of course, he cannot talk well enough to tell me why he is crying, so he just keeps on wailing. When we got home, I got him out of his carseat, and hugged him real big, and asked him if he was just ready for his nap. He nodded, and I took him inside. While I was getting him ready for his nap, I took off his shoes, without paying much attention, and he screamed! I looked down, and his pinky toe had gotten stuck in the wrong place in his sandels, and it was all red. Poor baby. I can't wait until he can talk well enough to tell me whats wrong. I feel bad for babies because their only form of communication is crying. I always try to keep that in mind when my babies are crying. They are almost always crying for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment