Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crest run

After nap today, we were going to "run" to Crest to get a couple of items. Literally, I had 3 items to get. We pull into the parking lot, and there was one spot left that is for "parents with children", and a lady pulled in and took it right before me, and she had NO KIDS with her! So I was just kind of annoyed. But, since I'm fully capable, I decided it wasn't that big of a deal. Then, we get into Crest, with my two crazy boys. They are usually very well behaved in the grocery store. I got one of the "car" carts, and put them both in the car part, and began to shop. I hadn't even gotten the first item on my list, and Colton says, "mommy, I want to ride in the cart by you." And I said, "OK", and I stopped the cart, and put Colton in the cart. He hadn't even been in the cart for 30 seconds, and he asked to go back to the "car" part of the cart. So, I said, (as patiently as I could), "Colton, I will put you back in the car, but you aren't moving again". So he says okay. I put him in the car, and instantly, he starts crying and throwing a fit saying he wanted back in the cart. I told him no, that he had to stay in the car, and that throwing a fit wasn't going to change it. He continued to scream and cry the ENTIRE time!! I had so many people stop and talk to him, and "oohhh poor baby" him. I was SO ANNOYED! So everyone thought I was a terrible mom because my son was screaming and crying and I was ignoring him. When we got in the car after I got finished checking out, I told Colton that I was very dissapointed with him and that we would not be getting the "car" cart next time. He started crying all over again. He never acts like this!! I have no idea what was going on with him today. So, we get home, and to top it all off, I didn't have all of my groceries. I was in such a hurry to get out of there, I paid for them, and left one of the bags there. AHHHH I'm done. Good thing I have girls night tonight. I need a break.

2 comments:

  1. I get annoyed with those kind of comments too! Hang in there, you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes for a good blog post though right?! Just tryin to think positively... :)

    ReplyDelete