Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time out?

Earlier today, Colton noticed that there was one chocolate covered pretzel left and asked me if he could have it. I told him that he could break it in half and give Connor half, and eat the other half. (mainly because we are really working on sharing). So, Colton runs off to get the pretzel, and promptly returns to the room with the entire pretzel in his mouth. I said, " Colton, what did I tell you to do with the pretzel?" and he said, " break it and give Connor some". And I said "yes, you didn't listen. What happens when you don't listen?" and he said "time out". And I said " yes. Go sit in time out". So, he goes to sit in time out. While he was in time out, I made a point to get Connor a jelly bean so that he could have a " treat" since Coltons treat was his pretzel. When his time was up, the conversation went like this:

Me: Colton, why were you in time out?
Colton: I don't know. Tell me why.
Me: no, I won't tell you why. You need to tell me.
Colton: did I push Connor?
Me: no.
Colton: what did I do?
Colton: what happened?
Me: what did you do with the pretzel?
Colton: I didn't break it.
Me: yes. So you didn't listen. You need to tell mommy sorry.
Colton: sorry for not listening. Can I have a jelly bean?

Honestly!!!!! What???

4 comments:

  1. Poor kid sounds hungry. Kidding. That's hilarious. Glad your sleep is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to eating treats...I have found my kids could care less about time out. It is soooo worth it to them. They sneak it all the time and it drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me laugh. He's going to be a mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to ask, what was in the "chocolate covered pretzel" I mean come on he couldn't even remember if he pushed Connor or not!!! Then asks for a jelly bean, sounds like munchies to me. Great to have the blog back, your kids are awesome.

    ReplyDelete