Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The sleep lady night #5

I just can't decide if we are making progress or not...
Adam and I went on a date last night, and Connor refused to take his bottle from the babysitter, so he went to bed hungry at 7:20. When we got home I nursed him at like 8:45. My chair is now in the hallway, with his door open so he can see me still.

11:40--awake. Shhed 5 minutes
1:40--awake. Shhed 5 minutes
4:40--awake. Shhed 3 minutes
6:00--awake. I sat in his room while he laid down but was awake. He had a dirty diaper so I got him up for good at 6:40.
6:40- nursed.

I don't know if he slept later cause he nursed later in the evening?? I don't understand why he's still waking up if im not nursing him!! Crazy kid.

4 comments:

  1. he'll get it...it just takes awhile to break the habit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it's just a habit that he is holding on to. Are you doing "dramatic wake up?" That helped David a lot at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up!! It's progress because its less time shhing him (wasn't the first day or two up to 15 minutes or something? Also, you are moving your chair further and he seems to be fine with it. Sometimes it can get stagnant but its not getting worse! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it may not feel like it, but I definitely think you're making progress! It's taking less and less time to put him down, even with a "disruption" (i.e. babysitter) to his normal routine! I will tell you that I have found the two week rule to be true - that it takes them about two weeks to adjust to the new system/schedule you put in place.

    ReplyDelete