Friday, August 20, 2010

Open House

Colton starts Preschool on Monday! He will be going to the preschool at UCO, at the Child Development Center. The Open House was today, and he was beyond thrilled! It was so hard to get him to leave! Being a Pre-K teacher myself, I was checking the classroom out through the eyes of a teacher, not a mommy. And, I completely LOVED his classroom and his teachers! The classroom was really big, and had plenty of space for the kids to explore. There was a huge reading center, with a loft and pillows, and there was an amazing dramatic play center. You could tell that everything has a place, that way the kids know exactly where to put there things away when they are through playing. There were many manipulatives available, and of course there were blocks, cars and building materials. Colton had a blast! There is also an observation booth, that has a one-way mirror, where parents can go in to observe their child anytime during school. I think it will be fun to use that periodically, to see who Colton is playing with, and what he enjoys doing at school. Another thing I like about the program, is that it is two years long, with the same teachers, in the same classroom. The 3 year olds go in the morning, and the 4 year olds go in the afternoon. I'll post pics on Monday of us dropping him off! Oh and did I mention that his BFF is in his class? I think he's going to have a fantastic year!

2 comments:

  1. It will be the best year ever! We need to coordinate and get there at the same time so the boys can walk in together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that program at UCO. I learned about it when I was doing my masters there. They do great things!

    ReplyDelete