Sunday, February 6, 2011

Potty training

Seriously never thought I'd be potty training two boys at once, (to some extent). Colton has been day-time potty trained (diapers only at nap time and bed time), since he was 25 months old. A few days ago, he decided abruptly that he did not want to wear diapers anymore. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Benjamin coming next month, or if it has to do with the fact that Connor has started the process of potty training. So, Colton flat out refused to wear a diaper for nap or bedtime, and lo and behold....he hasn't had a single accident (yet!). Isn't that weird? How can you just up and decide that you aren't going to wet the bed??? That's really his personality though. Once we put underwear on him at 24 months old, he only had a handful of accidents, and that was it. So, so far so good with Colton. Connor has decided that he wants to go in the potty all the time. He is 23 months old....I feel like it's kinda young, but whatever. Maybe it's the cloth diapers? Well, he's been going #1 and #2 successfully a few times a day in the potty. I'm not sure if I have the time for this with Benjamin coming so soon, but I don't want to miss the opportunity with either boy to get to the next step of potty training!!

I'm wondering how to approach Connor's situation? With Colton, we literally put undies on him, and that was it. Connor's a little different, and a little younger. Should I try the same thing? Put undies on, and stay home all day one day? If he's so interested, I hate to not jump on it!

AM I READY FOR 3 BOYS 3 YEARS AND UNDER??? There's so many developmental things happening with each kid! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cooper throws a fit most of the time when I try to potty train....so I'd say if Connor acts ready then do it. I will say Cooper did that about a month before Maddie came.....it didn't stick. The other night I was in the bath and he came in, stripped down, took his diaper off and sat on the potty the whole time. So maybe don't take it real serious, but he might be ready since he has an older brother. Who am I to give advice, my almost 3 year old is perfectly content in his diaper....

    ReplyDelete